Award Review 2010 - pursuant to section 130 of the Industrial Relations Act 1999
In light of the enactment of the Fair Work Act 2009 and the Fair Work (Commonwealth Powers) and Other Provisions Act 2009, the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (the Commission) has decided to review Awards of the Commission, pursuant to s130 of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 (the Act).
In those circumstances a Full Bench comprising of Deputy President Swan, Deputy President Bloomfield and Commissioner Thompson has commenced this review.
On 13 May 2010 the Full Bench issued a Statement detailing how the Review will be undertaken in stages:
- Awards which appear to apply to constitutional corporations and employers now covered by the national system (Corporation Awards).
- On 13 May 2010 the Registrar issued a Notice regarding how the Commission is dealing with Corporation Awards.
- Awards which appear to apply to public sector employment (State Government Awards).
- Awards which appear to apply to local government sector employment (Local Government Awards).
- Common Rule Awards not identified in stages one and two.
On 10 March 2011 the Full Bench issued a Statement detailing how issues raised by the parties will be progressed by the Full Bench.
On 8 April 2011 the Full Bench issued a Notice regarding parties amending Awards to reflect wages and classification structures contained in Certified Agreements as part of the Award Review process.
A new Full Bench was established to undertake a further review of awards required by s. 130 of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 (Award Review 2013). On 10 May 2013 that Full Bench issued a Statement.
Transcripts of these proceedings may be viewed from this site, as soon as they become available.
|Day 1 - 22 March 2010|
|Day 2 - 25 May 2010|
|Day 3 - 28 July 2010|
|Day 4 - 25 March 2011|
|Day 5 - 20 May 2011|
|Day 6 - 5 August 2011|
|Day 7 - 10 April 2012|
|Day 9 - 31 August 2012|
|Day 10 - 15 November 2012|