NOTICE TO PRIVATE SECTOR EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYERS
The Queensland Government referred industrial relations coverage, [subject to some excluded industrial matters - see below] of all employees and employers in the private sector (i.e. other than State Public sector, Local Government sector and some commercial elements of the public and local government sectors - see Part 13A and Schedules 5A, 5B, 6 and 7A of the Industrial Relations Regulation 2011), that were previously covered by the repealed Queensland’s industrial relations legislation [Qld Industrial Relations Act 1999] to the Federal industrial relations jurisdiction [Commonwealth Fair Work Act 2009].
Excluded Industrial matters include:
- Applications for payment instead of taking long service leave pursuant to s. 110 of the Industrial Relations Act 2016
- Applications for unpaid long service leave pursuant to s. 475 of the Industrial Relations Act 2016
Private sector employers and employees, who previously dealt with the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission, and have matters will need to direct all future enquiries to:
- Fair Work Commission on 1300 799 675
- Fair Work Commission Online website http://www.fwc.gov.au/index.cfm
Information about wages and employment conditions regarding Queensland private sector employers and employees is available from:
- Fair Work Ombudsman 13 13 94
- Fair Work Ombudsman Online website www.fairwork.gov.au/contact-us
The Queensland Treasury website has more detailed information in relation to the changes.